Banana Walnut Mini Muffins
Homemade Walnut Milk Ingredients
1 cup organic, raw walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Homemade Walnut Milk Directions
1) Add walnuts to a bowl, cover with 2 cups purified water, place in refrigerator and soak overnight.
2) Drain water from walnuts and rinse with additional purified water.
3) Add soaked and rinsed walnuts, 4 cups purified water, vanilla and salt to Vitamix or other high speed blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
4) Strain walnut milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth-lined strainer.
5) Refrigerate walnut milk and enjoy!
Makes approximately 32 oz.
Banana Walnut Mini Muffins Ingredients
1 cup organic banana
1 cup organic walnuts, finely ground
1/2 cup dates, pureed into a paste in food processor
1/2 cup homemade walnut milk
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. organic, virgin coconut oil + more for muffin cups
1 tsp. baking soda
Banana Walnut Mini Muffins Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Add banana, date puree, walnut milk, vanilla, 2 tbsp. coconut oil, and eggs to food processor and process until combined.
3) Transfer banana mixture to a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Alternatively, place banana mixture in a mixing bowl and set a hand-held mixer next to bowl.
4) In a separate mixing bowl, mix ground walnuts, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda until combined.
5) With either the standing mixer or the hand-held mixer running on medium speed, slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and muffin batter is formed.
6) Prepare Williams-Sonoma Fall Icon Cakelet Pan (or other mini muffin pan with 2 ½” x 2” x 1 ½” muffin cups) with coconut oil.
7) Fill cakelet pan cups with muffin batter.
8) Place mini muffins in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until muffins are cooked through.
9) Remove mini muffins from pan, place on a cooling rack, and let cool.
10) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 22-24 mini muffins using the Williams-Sonoma Fall Icon Cakelet Pan.