Chicken Satay with Spicy Coconut Almond Sauce
Spicy Coconut Almond Sauce Ingredients
1 cup organic, raw almond butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (sugar-free)
1 garlic clove
1 tsp. fresh ginger
2 tbsp. Thai Kitchen green curry paste (or other sugar-free, additive-free green curry paste)
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Spicy Coconut Almond Sauce Directions
1) Add ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until emulsified.
2) Adjust salt to taste.
3) Set aside for use with Chicken Satay.
Chicken Satay Ingredients
1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
2 pounds of chicken tenders
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. coconut oil
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Chicken Satay Directions
1) Whisk coconut yogurt, curry powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in a mixing bowl until combined.
2) Transfer coconut yogurt mixture to a BPA-free resealable bag together with the chicken tenders. Marinate chicken tenders in the fridge for at least one hour.
3) Before taking chicken out of the fridge, soak wooden skewers in water for about 3 minutes.
4) Remove marinated chicken tenders from the fridge and thread them on the soaked skewers.
5) Grill chicken skewers in a skillet with coconut oil over medium heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
6) Serve with Spicy Coconut Almond Sauce and enjoy!
Adapted from Pure Wow’s Chicken Satay with Coconut-Peanut Sauce.