Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Sautéed Shitake Mushrooms
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets, about 1-inch in size
1 14-oz. can organic, full fat coconut milk (BPA-free, gum-free)
16 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
8 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Directions.
1) Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to a sauté pan and cook mushrooms over medium heat until tender and golden. Set mushrooms aside.
2) Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and sauté until tender.
3) Next, add cauliflower florets to onion-shallot-garlic mixture and sauté for about 5 minutes. Then, add chicken broth to vegetables, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Remove lid and add coconut milk to chicken broth and vegetables. Simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
5) Turn off heat and remove soup from stove. Add 1/4 of the cooked mushrooms to soup and use an immersion blender to blend. Alternatively, pour into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
6) Add the remaining cooked mushroom slices to blended cauliflower soup, but do not blend remaining mushrooms with soup.
7) Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
8) Pour soup into bowls.
9) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 6 cups of soup.