Green Curry Spinach Soup
Green Curry Spinach Soup Ingredients
2-6 oz. packages of pre-washed, organic spinach leaves (approximately 8 cups)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 14-oz. can organic, full fat coconut milk (BPA-free, gum-free)
16 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
3 tbsp. Thai Kitchen green curry paste (or other sugar-free, additive-free green curry paste)
1 tbsp. olive oil
Sea salt to taste
Extra coconut milk for drizzling on top of finished soup (optional)
Green Curry Spinach Soup Directions
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add onion, shallot, garlic, and green curry paste, and sauté until vegetables are tender.
2) Then, add spinach to onion-garlic-green curry mixture and sauté until spinach is just wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
3) Once vegetables are cooked, add chicken broth to vegetables and bring to boil over medium heat.
4) Reduce heat and add coconut milk to chicken broth and vegetables, simmering uncovered and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
5) Remove soup from heat and use an immersion blender to blend ingredients. Alternatively, pour soup into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
6) Adjust sea salt to taste.
7) Pour soup into bowls and drizzle with a little bit of coconut milk, if desired.
8) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 5 1/2 cups of soup.