Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto
Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto Ingredients
1 12 oz. package of frozen, organic riced cauliflower
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 cup organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1 cup organic, full fat coconut milk (canned, BPA-free, gum-free)
2 tbsp. Italian parsley
2 tbsp. olive oil
Sea salt to taste
Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto Directions
1) Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add mushrooms, and cook until tender and golden. Set aside.
2) Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a sauce pan. Add chopped onion, and sauté over medium heat until tender and golden.
3) Add frozen riced cauliflower to onions and mix to combine. Sauté over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
4) Incorporate mushrooms in cauliflower-onion mixture. Immediately add chicken broth to vegetables, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken broth is fully absorbed by vegetables, making sure to stir vegetables occasionally.
5) Once chicken broth has been absorbed, add coconut milk to vegetables and simmer, stirring occasionally, until coconut milk is absorbed and cauliflower rice has a creamy, risotto-like consistency.
6) Adjust sea salt to taste.
7) Turn off heat and sprinkle with Italian parsley.
8) Serve Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto as a side with greens and your favorite protein.