Mushrooms Stuffed with Vegan Basil Pesto
Vegan Basil Pesto Ingredients
2 cups fresh basil, tightly packed
1 garlic clove
1 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup raw pine nuts
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Vegan Basil Pesto Directions
1) Add basil, garlic, nutritional yeast, pine nuts, salt and one tbsp. olive oil to a food processor and begin to process on low.
2) Leaving food processor on, slowly drizzle remaining olive oil into pesto until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
3) Adjust salt to taste.
4) Transfer to a bowl.
5) Set aside for use with stuffed mushrooms.
2-8 oz. cartons of cremini mushrooms, cleaned
Vegan Basil Pesto
Extra-virgin olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Remove stems from mushrooms and stuff with Vegan Basil Pesto.
3) Place mushrooms on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet that has been prepared with olive oil.
4) Bake mushrooms for about 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and Vegan Basil Pesto is hot and bubbly.
5) Serve and enjoy!
Makes about 30 stuffed mushrooms.