Pumpkin Chestnut Soup
Pumpkin Chestnut Soup Ingredients
1 15-oz. can of organic pumpkin (BPA-free)
2 cups of organic, whole, roasted & peeled chestnuts
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 14-oz. can organic, full fat coconut milk (BPA-free, gum-free)
16 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1 tbsp. olive oil
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Chopped chestnuts for sprinkling on top of finished soup (optional)
Pumpkin Chestnut Soup Directions
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add chestnuts, onion, shallot, garlic, and salt, and sauté until vegetables are tender and chestnuts are hot.
2) Then, add chicken broth to vegetables and chestnuts, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3) Reduce heat and add pumpkin and coconut milk to chicken broth, vegetables, and chestnuts, simmering uncovered and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
4) Remove soup from heat and use an immersion blender to blend ingredients. Alternatively, pour soup into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
5) Adjust salt to taste.
6) Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped chestnuts, if desired.
7) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 6 cups of soup.