Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Sage
Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Sage Ingredients
1 15-oz. can organic pumpkin (BPA-free)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 14-oz. can organic, full fat coconut milk (BPA-free, gum-free)
16 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
3/4 cup fresh sage leaves, loosely packed
Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Sage Directions
1) Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and add 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves. Sauté until golden, turn off heat, and set Crispy Sage aside.
2) Next, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion, shallot, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste, and sauté until vegetables are tender.
3) Once vegetables are tender, add chicken broth to vegetables and bring to a boil over medium heat.
4) Once chicken broth reaches a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and add pumpkin and coconut milk to chicken broth and vegetables, simmering uncovered and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
5) After soup has simmered for 10 minutes, turn off heat and remove soup from stove. Add 1/4 cup fresh sage to cooked soup and use an immersion blender to blend soup. Alternatively, pour into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
6) Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
7) Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle each bowl with a few crispy sage leaves.
8) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 5 ½ cups of soup.