Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Warm Cherries & Hazelnuts + Cherry Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
Cherry Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. cherry juice
1/4 cup cooked cherries
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Cherry Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette Directions
1) Add ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until ingredients are blended and vinaigrette is emulsified.
2) Adjust sea salt and pepper to taste.
3) Serve with Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad and enjoy!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad Ingredients
16 oz. organic Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved
1/2 cup organic, raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1 1/4 cup organic, frozen, pitted cherries, thawed and cut in half
1/4 cup purified water
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad Directions
1) Place Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Add cherries to a small sauté pan with water and cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
3) Turn off heat and drain cherries, reserving 1 tbsp. cherry juice and 1/4 cup cooked cherries for vinaigrette.
4) Add remaining cooked cherries to Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts, and mix until ingredients are combined.
5) Add 1/4 cup of vinaigrette to salad and toss to combine.
6) Serve and enjoy!