Spicy Superfood Hot Cocoa
Coconut Whipped Cream Ingredients
1 14 oz. can organic, coconut cream (BPA-free, gum-free)
1 tsp. vanilla
Vanilla stevia to taste (optional)
Coconut Whipped Cream Directions
1) Refrigerate coconut cream overnight.
2) Open can and scoop out the thick, solidified coconut cream (save the clear liquid at the bottom of can for later use in your favorite smoothie recipe).
3) Place coconut cream in bowl of standing mixer with the whisk attachment. Add 1 tsp. vanilla and stevia to taste. Whip coconut cream for about 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy.
4) Serve and enjoy!
Spicy Superfood Hot Cocoa Ingredients
1 cup organic, full fat coconut milk (canned, BPA-free, gum-free)
1 cup purified, hot water
4 tbsp. raw cacao powder
2 tbsp. raw cacao nibs
1 tbsp. Ceylon cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
Vanilla stevia drops to taste
Coconut whipped cream for top of spicy hot cocoa (optional)
Spicy Superfood Hot Cocoa Directions
1) Blend all ingredients other than coconut whipped cream in Vitamix or other high-speed blender until ingredients are thoroughly combined and hot cocoa is steaming when blender lid is removed, about 3 minutes. 2) Adjust stevia to taste.
3) If your blender doesn’t heat hot cocoa sufficiently, transfer to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
4) Simmer for 2-3 minutes, turn off heat and pour hot cocoa into two mugs.
5) Top hot cocoa with coconut whipped cream, if desired.
6) Serve and enjoy!