Spicy Pumpkin Coconut Milk Soup
1 large pumpkin cut into 1” cubes (about 7 cups)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1-14 oz can light coconut milk (make sure to use a bpa free brand)
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
2 tsp chile powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 pinch of cayenne
Himalayan salt to taste
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
Bunch of Italian parsley, roughly chopped
1) Cover and steam pumpkin, onion, shallots and garlic over 2.5 inches of water for about 8 minutes or until tender.
2) In a saucepan, bring coconut milk and broth to boil at medium temperature.
3) Remove pumpkin from steamer and add chile powder, smoked paprika, cayenne and Himalayan salt.
4) Add heated coconut milk broth mixture and pumpkin to blender.
5) Blend until creamy and smooth.
6) Put in bowls and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and chopped parsley.
7) Serve and enjoy!