Super Greens Chicken Soup
Super Greens Chicken Soup Ingredients
1-6 oz. package of pre-washed, organic spinach leaves
1-10 oz. package of pre-washed, organic chopped kale
2 cups celery, chopped
1 bulb of fennel, sliced
32 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 tbsp. olive oil
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste.
Super Greens Chicken Soup Directions
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add celery and fennel, and sauté until vegetables are tender.
2) Then, add spinach, kale, salt and pepper to celery-fennel mixture and sauté until spinach and kale are just wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
3) Once vegetables are cooked, add chicken broth to vegetables and bring to boil over medium heat.
4) Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
5) Remove soup from heat, stir lemon juice into soup, and use an immersion blender to blend soup until it is combined but still chunky. Alternatively, pour soup into a blender and blend on low until soup is combined but still chunky.
6) Add rotisserie chicken to soup and stir to distribute evenly.
7) Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
8) Pour soup into bowls.
9) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 9 cups of soup.