Truffled Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto
Truffled Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto Ingredients
1 12 oz. package of frozen, organic riced cauliflower
1 10 oz. package of frozen, organic mixed mushrooms
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
1 cup organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1 cup organic, full fat coconut milk (canned, BPA-free, gum-free)
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. black truffle flavor extra-virgin olive oil (plus more to taste, if desired)
2 tbsp. shaved truffles (optional)
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Truffled Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto Directions
1) Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add mushrooms, and cook until tender and golden. Set aside.
2) Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a sauce pan. Add chopped onion, and sauté over medium heat until tender and golden.
3) Add frozen riced cauliflower to onions and mix to combine. Sauté over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
4) Incorporate mushrooms in cauliflower-onion mixture. Immediately add chicken broth to vegetables, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken broth is fully absorbed by vegetables, making sure to stir vegetables occasionally.
5) Once chicken broth has been absorbed, add coconut milk to vegetables and simmer, stirring occasionally, until coconut milk is absorbed and cauliflower rice has a creamy, risotto-like consistency.
6) Adjust salt to taste.
7) Turn off heat and stir in truffle oil.
8) Adjust truffle oil to taste.
9) Sprinkle with shaved truffles, if desired.
10) Serve Truffled Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto and enjoy!
Makes about 3 cups.