Valentine Strawberry Marshmallows
Valentine Strawberry Marshmallows Ingredients
3 tbsp. Vital Proteins, Grass-fed, Pasture-Raised, Beef Gelatin
1 cup cold, purified water
1 - 1.2 oz. package of freeze-dried strawberries, blended into a fine powder
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1 cup of honey
1 tsp. arrowroot flour
Valentine Strawberry Marshmallows Directions
1) Mix 1/2 cup of cold water and gelatin in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk gelatin and water with a fork until a thick paste forms. Stir 2 tbsp. of strawberry powder into gelatin paste and whisk to combine. Let the gelatin-strawberry paste sit while you are preparing the honey.
2) Cook honey, remaining 1/2 cup of water, and salt over medium heat in a small saucepan until mixture reaches 240 degrees F measured with a candy thermometer. Immediately turn off heat.
3) Turn the standing mixer on low and pour the hot honey into the gelatin mixture.
4) Increase speed to high and whisk for approximately 15 minutes, or until mixture becomes thick and white and looks like marshmallow cream.
5) Dust an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish with arrowroot flour and pour marshmallow into dish. Sprinkle enough of the remaining powdered strawberries on top of the marshmallow to cover the top.
6) Cover baking dish lightly with a paper towel and allow marshmallows to dry out overnight.
7) Cut marshmallows into squares.
8) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 30 marshmallows.
Valentine Strawberry Marshmallows adapted from Ina Garten’s Homemade Marshmallows recipe and inspired by Glitter Inc.’s Big & Fluffy Raspberry Marshmallows.