Walnut Sage Crusted Tilapia + Wilted Spinach
Wilted Spinach Ingredients
4 cups organic spinach
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Wilted Spinach Directions
1) Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. 2) Add spinach to skillet and toss until just wilted, approximately 2 minutes.
3) Turn off heat, and add sea salt and pepper to spinach to taste.
4) Serve and enjoy!
2 4-ounce tilapia filets
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tsp. dried sage
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
Pinch of cayenne
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
1) Add walnuts, sage, paprika and cayenne to food processor, pulsing until the mixture is combined and resembles a fine crumble.
2) Add sea salt and pepper to walnut-sage mixture to taste.
3) Place walnut-sage mixture, brown rice flour and egg on three separate plates.
4) Add sea salt and pepper to one side of tilapia filet.
5) Dip the unseasoned side of tilapia filet in brown rice flour, and shake to remove excess flour.
6) Dip floured side of tilapia filet in egg. Then, dip egg-coated side of tilapia filet in walnut-sage mixture.
7) Heat olive oil on stove over medium heat and place walnut-sage crusted side of tilapia filet face down in pan. Cook until walnuts are lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Then, flip tilapia and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through.
8) Place tilapia filets over wilted spinach.
9) Serve and enjoy!