Creamy Herbed Cauliflower Cashew Soup
Creamy Herbed Cauliflower Cashew Soup Ingredients
1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets, about 1-inch in size
1 cup organic raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours and rinsed)
1 cup organic Italian parsley
2 tsp. thyme
2 tsp. sage
1 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. dried herbes de Provence
32 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
Creamy Herbed Cauliflower Cashew Soup Directions.
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add cauliflower, parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, herbes de Provence, onion, shallot, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, and sauté until vegetables are tender.
2) Then, add cashews and chicken broth to vegetables, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Remove lid and simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
4) Turn off heat and remove soup from stove and use an immersion blender to blend. Alternatively, pour into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
5) Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6) Pour soup into bowls.
7) Serve and enjoy!
Makes nearly 9 cups of soup.