Smoky & Spicy Sweet Potato Soup with Spiced Pecans
Spiced Pecans Ingredients
1/2 cup organic, raw pecans, chopped
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Spiced Pecans Directions
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2) Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
3) Spread pecan mixture on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet, and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly roasted.
4) Remove from the oven and adjust salt to taste.
5) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 1/2 cup.
Smoky & Spicy Sweet Potato Soup Ingredients
1 15-oz. can organic sweet potato (BPA-free)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup of organic, full fat coconut milk (BPA-free, gum-free)
16 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (choose amount depending on desired level of spiciness: 1/4 for spicy & 1/2 for super spicy)
1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt (plus more to taste)
Spiced Pecans for sprinkling on top of finished soup
Smoky & Spicy Sweet Potato Soup Directions
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add onion, shallot, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper and 1 tsp. salt and sauté until vegetables are tender.
2) Once vegetables are tender, add chicken broth to vegetables and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3) Reduce heat and add sweet potato and coconut milk to chicken broth and vegetables, simmering uncovered and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
4) Remove soup from heat and use an immersion blender to blend ingredients. Alternatively, pour soup into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
5) Adjust salt to taste.
6) Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle with Spiced Pecans.
7) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 5 cups of soup.