Pumpkin Pecan Spice Mini Muffins
Homemade Pecan Milk Ingredients
1 cup organic, raw pecans
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Homemade Pecan Milk Directions
1) Add pecans to a bowl, cover with 2 cups purified water, place in refrigerator and soak overnight.
2) Drain water from pecans and rinse with additional purified water.
3) Add soaked and rinsed pecans, 4 cups purified water, vanilla and salt to Vitamix or other high speed blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
4) Strain pecan milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth-lined strainer.
5) Refrigerate pecan milk and enjoy!
Makes approximately 32 oz.
Pumpkin Pecan Spice Mini Muffins Ingredients
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
1 cup organic pecans, finely ground
1/2 cup dates, pureed into a paste in food processor
1/2 cup homemade pecan milk
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
2 tbsp. coconut nectar
1 tbsp. Ceylon cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. organic, virgin coconut oil + more for muffin cups
1 tsp. baking soda
Pumpkin Pecan Spice Mini Muffins Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Add pumpkin puree, date puree, pecan milk, coconut nectar, vanilla, 2 tbsp. coconut oil, and eggs to food processor and process until combined.
3) Transfer pumpkin puree mixture to a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Alternatively, place pumpkin puree mixture in a mixing bowl and set a hand-held mixer next to bowl.
4) In a separate mixing bowl, mix ground pecans, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and baking soda, until combined.
5) With either the standing mixer or the hand-held mixer running on medium speed, slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and muffin batter is formed.
6) Prepare Williams-Sonoma Fall Icon Cakelet Pan (or other mini muffin pan with 2 ½” x 2” x 1 ½” muffin cups) with coconut oil.
7) Fill cakelet pan cups with muffin batter.
8) Place mini muffins in the oven and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until muffins are cooked through.
9) Remove mini muffins from pan, place on a cooling rack, and let cool.
10) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 22-24 mini muffins using the Williams-Sonoma Fall Icon Cakelet Pan.