Vegan Chestnut Puree
Vegan Chestnut Puree Ingredients
3 cups of organic, whole, peeled & roasted chestnuts
1-14 oz. can of organic, full fat coconut milk (BPA-free, gum-free)
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Vegan Chestnut Puree Directions
1) Add coconut milk to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and allow coconut milk to simmer for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and set coconut milk aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, cover chestnuts with purified water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3) Reduce heat, cover chestnuts with a lid, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Then, turn off heat and drain chestnuts.
4) Add chestnuts and coconut milk to food processor with salt, and process until creamy and smooth.
5) Adjust salt to taste.
6) Transfer to serving dish and enjoy!
Adapted from Countess Florence Daniel Marzotto’s Chestnut Puree recipe in Food & Wine Magazine.