12 oz. unsweetened, vegan dark chocolate, broken in pieces
3 tbsp. coconut oil
1 cup coconut cream
1 1/2 tbsp. maca
Maple syrup and/or stevia to taste
Pinch of sea salt
Cinnamon, chopped pecans and shredded coconut to coat truffles
1) Add all ingredients (other than those for coating truffles) together in double boiler over low heat, whisking continuously until melted and combined.
2) Taste chocolate mixture and adjust sweetener(s) based on preference.
3) Remove chocolate mixture from stove, scoop out heaping tablespoons of chocolate mixture and place on a plate.
4) Set plate in refrigerator for about 30 minutes, until chocolate mixture cools and sets slightly.
5) Remove plate from refrigerator and roll heaping tablespoons of chocolate mixture into balls.
6) Coat truffle balls with cinnamon, chopped pecans or shredded coconut.
7) Place in refrigerator overnight, or until firm.
8) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 25 truffles.