Wild Sole + Kumquat Salsa
Kumquat Salsa Ingredients
2 cups kumquats, chopped
1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 jalapeño, de-seeded and minced
1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
2 tsp. coconut nectar
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Kumquat Salsa Directions
1) Toss ingredients in a bowl until combined.
2) Adjust salt to taste.
3) Set aside for use with Wild Sole.
Wild Sole Ingredients
1 pound wild sole fillets
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
1 Meyer lemon
Wild Sole Directions
1) Season both sides of sole fillets with salt and pepper.
2) Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook sole until bottom side of sole fillet releases from pan easily, about 3 minutes. Then, flip sole and cook for another 3 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through.
3) Remove sole fillets from stove.
4) Squeeze Meyer lemon juice over cooked sole fillets.
5) Sprinkle sole fillets with Kumquat Salsa.
6) Serve and enjoy!