Holiday Apple Crumble
1/2 cup gluten-free, rolled oats
1 cup finely ground pecans (blended in Vitamix or other high speed blender)
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. organic virgin coconut oil
4 tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tbsp. Ceylon cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1) Add oats, ground pecans, arrowroot flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt to a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
2) Drizzle coconut oil over oat-pecan mixture and stir until mixture resembles a crumble.
3) Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
Holiday Apple Crumble Ingredients
2 pounds granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tbsp. coconut nectar
2 tbsp. arrowroot flour
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Holiday Apple Crumble Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Add all ingredients other than crumble to a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
3) Place apple mixture in an 8 x 8 baking dish that has been prepared with coconut oil.
4) Top apples with crumble and bake for 40 minutes, or until crumble is lightly golden and fruit is cooked and bubbly.
5) Serve and enjoy!