Creamy Kale & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
Creamy Kale & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Ingredients
6-4 oz. organic chicken breasts
8 oz. frozen, organic, chopped kale
3 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup organic, full fat, coconut milk (canned, BPA-free, gum free)
3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. coconut aminos
3 tbsp. olive oil + more to prepare glass baking dish
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
Creamy Kale & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to a sauté pan and cook mushrooms over medium heat until lightly golden. Set aside.
3) Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to a sauté pan and cook kale over medium heat until cooked through. Set kale aside and allow it to cool.
4) Once kale has cooled, wrap it in a kitchen towel and squeeze the water out.
5) Add kale, mushrooms, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, coconut aminos, and salt and pepper to taste to a food processor and pulse until ingredients are combined but still chunky.
6) Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
7) Brush chicken breasts with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and place oil-side down in a glass baking dish that has been prepared with olive oil.
8) Distribute a thin later of kale-mushroom mixture on top of each chicken breast, using a knife to flatten and cover each chicken breast in its entirety.
9) Then, start at one end of each chicken breast and roll chicken breasts inward around filling. Arrange chicken rolls seam side down in baking dish.
10) Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and lightly golden.
11) Slice chicken rolls into 1/2 inch slices.
12) Serve and enjoy!