Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
Homemade Hazelnut Milk Ingredients
1 cup organic, raw hazelnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Homemade Hazelnut Milk Directions
1) Add hazelnuts to a bowl, cover with 2 cups purified water, place in refrigerator and soak overnight.
2) Drain water from hazelnuts and rinse with additional purified water.
3) Add soaked and rinsed hazelnuts, 4 cups purified water, vanilla and salt to Vitamix or other high speed blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
4) Strain hazelnut milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth-lined strainer.
5) Refrigerate hazelnut milk and enjoy!
Makes approximately 32 oz.
Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Ingredients
16 oz. homemade hazelnut milk
4 tbsp. raw cacao powder
2 tbsp. raw cacao nibs
2 tbsp. organic, raw hazelnuts
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
Vanilla stevia drops to taste
Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Directions
1) Heat hazelnut milk with vanilla on stove over low heat and bring to a simmer. Allow hazelnut milk to simmer for two minutes and then turn off heat.
2) Transfer heated hazelnut milk to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and add remaining ingredients, blending until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and hot chocolate is steaming when blender lid is removed, about 3 minutes.
3) Adjust stevia to taste.
4) Pour hazelnut hot chocolate into two mugs.
5) Serve and enjoy!