Ingredients (makes approximately 30 marshmallows)
3 tbsp. Vital Proteins, Grass-fed, Pasture-Raised, Beef Gelatin
1 cup cold, purified water
1 tsp. peppermint spirits
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1 cup of honey
1 tsp. arrowroot flour
1) Mix 1/2 cup of cold water and gelatin in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk gelatin and water with a fork until a thick paste forms. Stir peppermint into gelatin paste and whisk to combine. Let the gelatin paste sit while you are preparing the honey.
2) Cook honey, remaining 1/2 cup of water, and salt over medium heat in a small saucepan until mixture reaches 240 degrees F measured with a candy thermometer. Immediately turn off heat.
3) Turn the standing mixer on low and pour the hot honey into the gelatin mixture.
4) Increase speed to high and whisk for approximately 15 minutes, or until mixture becomes thick and white and looks like marshmallow cream.
5) Dust an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish with arrowroot flour and pour marshmallow into dish.
6) Cover baking dish lightly with a paper towel and allow marshmallows to dry out overnight.
7) Cut marshmallows into squares.
Serve and enjoy!
Minty Marshmallows adapted from Ina Garten’s Homemade Marshmallows recipe.