Quick Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Quick Curried Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients
1 15-oz. can organic butternut squash (BPA-free)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 14-oz. can organic, full fat coconut milk (BPA-free, gum-free)
16 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt (plus more to taste)
Curried Coco Pumpkin Seed Mix for sprinkling on top of finished soup (optional)
Quick Curried Butternut Squash Soup Directions
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add onion, shallot, garlic, curry powder, turmeric and 1 tsp. salt and sauté until vegetables are tender.
2) Once vegetables are tender, add chicken broth to vegetables and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3) Reduce heat and add butternut squash and coconut milk to chicken broth and vegetables, simmering uncovered and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
4) Remove soup from heat and use an immersion blender to blend ingredients. Alternatively, pour soup into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
5) Adjust Himalayan salt to taste.
6) Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle with Curried Coco Pumpkin Seed Mix, if desired.
7) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 5 ½ cups of soup.