Cream Cheese Frosting
1- 8oz. package Kite Hill plain cream cheese style spread
3 tbsp. Nutiva coconut oil with organic buttery flavor, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut sugar + 2 tbsp. arrowroot flour
Now brand English Toffee stevia to taste
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
1) Blend coconut sugar and arrowroot flour in Vitamix or other high-speed blender until a fine powder forms. Set aside.
2) Add cream cheese, coconut oil and vanilla to the bowl of a standing mixture fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
3) Slowly incorporate coconut sugar mixture into cream cheese mixture in batches until a fluffy and thick cream cheese frosting has formed.
4) *Add stevia to taste to increase level of sweetness to desired level.
5) Frost carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
6) Place cake in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving so that cream cheese frosting can set.
*The frosting needs more sweetener than just the coconut sugar. I decided to do a combination of coconut sugar and stevia (stevia has no impact on blood sugar), but you can use more coconut sugar if you prefer the taste.
Carrot Cake Ingredients
2 1/4 cups super-fine almond flour from blanched whole almonds
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil measured in a dry measuring cup and then melted (plus more for preparing cake pans)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1 tbsp. Ceylon cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Carrot Cake Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Place almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla to combine.
4) Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until a batter forms.
5) Fold in walnuts and carrots.
6) Prepare two 6-inch cake pans with coconut oil.
7) Divide cake batter amongst cake pans.
8) Place cakes in the oven and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cakes comes out clean.
9) Remove cakes from pans, place on a cooling rack, and let cool.
10) Place one cake on a cake stand and frost the top surface of cake with cream cheese frosting. Place second cake on top of first cake and add remaining frosting to the entire outside surface of the entire cake.
11) Place cake in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving so that cream cheese frosting can set.
12) Remove cake from refrigerator and decorate with edible flowers, if desired.
13) Serve & enjoy!
**I always believe in full disclosure! This recipe contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase these products I receive a small percentage of the sale price. This helps me to keep creating recipes for you, so thank you for helping me! :) xo