Creamy Broccoli Leek Soup with Chive "Breadcrumbs"
Chive “Breadcrumbs” Ingredients
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh chives
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
Chive “Breadcrumbs” Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Add almond flour and olive oil to an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet.
3) Bake for approximately 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
4) Remove almond flour from oven and toss with chives, salt and pepper.
5) Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6) Set aside for use with Creamy Broccoli Leek Soup.
Creamy Broccoli Leek Soup Ingredients
4 cups organic leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
5 cups organic broccoli florets
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 13.5 oz. organic, full fat coconut milk (BPA-free, gum-free)
16 oz. organic chicken broth (homemade or sodium-free boxed)
1 tbsp. olive oil
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Extra coconut milk for drizzling on top of finished soup
Creamy Broccoli Leek Soup Directions
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add broccoli, leeks, onion, shallot, and garlic, and sauté until vegetables are tender.
2) Once vegetables are cooked, add chicken broth to vegetables and bring to boil over medium heat.
3) Reduce heat and add coconut milk to chicken broth and vegetables, simmering uncovered and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
4) Remove soup from heat and use an immersion blender to blend ingredients. Alternatively, pour soup into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
5) Adjust salt to taste.
6) Pour soup into bowls. Drizzle with a little bit of coconut milk and sprinkle with Chive “Breadcrumbs.”
7) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 8 cups of soup.