Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad with Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette
Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
1/4 cup good quality balsamic
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 tsp. fresh thyme
Himalayan pink salt to taste
Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette Directions
1) Add ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until emulsified.
2) Adjust salt to taste.
3) Serve with Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad and enjoy!
5 heirloom carrots, peeled, sliced crosswise into 4 pieces and halved
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 3 pieces
2 portabello mushrooms, with gills removed and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
1 red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips and halved
5 green onions, ends trimmed and dark green parts cut off
1 Japanese eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices, crosswise and quartered
Extra-virgin olive oil
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
Herbed Balsamic Vinaigrette
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Distribute vegetables amongst two aluminum foil-lined baking sheets and toss with salt, pepper and enough olive oil to coat.
3) Place baking sheets in the oven and roast, tossing occasionally, until tender and golden, about 60-65 minutes.
4) Remove vegetables from oven, let cool slightly and toss with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
5) Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6) Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 6 cups.