Cherries & Cream Popsicles
1-13.5 oz. can of organic, full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp. arrowroot powder
1 tbsp. agar flakes
1 cup organic frozen cherries
3 tbsp. purified water
Stevia and/or coconut nectar to taste
1) Add cherries and 2 tbsp. water to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until cherries are chopped. Add stevia and/or coconut nectar to cherries to taste, if desired. Place back in freezer until ready to use.
2) Separately, add 1 tbsp. water to arrowroot powder and stir until dissolved.
3) Heat coconut milk, arrowroot powder liquid, stevia and/or coconut nectar to taste in a saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until coconut milk thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon, and making sure that coconut milk does not come to a boil.
4) Turn off heat and add agar flakes, stirring until flakes dissolve.
5) Transfer coconut mixture to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend to ensure that agar flakes are blended completely with coconut milk and no clumps remain.
6) Adjust sweetener(s) to taste.
7) Place coconut mixture in refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until mixture cools slightly.
8) Take cherries out of freezer and coconut mixture out of refrigerator.
9) Add 3 tablespoons of coconut mixture to each popsicle mold and then 1-2 tablespoons of cherry mixture on top of that. Alternate with the two mixtures until each mold is full.
10) Add a wooden stick to the center of each popsicle and place popsicles in freezer.
11) Freeze for about 5 hours, or until popsicles are completely frozen.
12) Remove molds from popsicles, and, if necessary, place under warm water for 20-30 seconds to loosen.
13) Serve and enjoy!
Number of popsicles depends upon size of popsicle mold.