Walnut Sage Milk
Walnut Sage Milk Ingredients
1 cup organic, raw walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. organic fresh sage
Stevia to taste
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Walnut Sage Milk Directions
1) Add walnuts to a bowl, cover with 2 cups purified water, place in refrigerator and soak overnight.
2) Drain water from walnuts and rinse with additional purified water.
3) Add soaked and rinsed walnuts, 4 cups purified water, vanilla and salt to Vitamix or other high speed blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
4) Strain walnut milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth-lined strainer.
5) Transfer 16 oz. walnut milk and 1 tbsp. sage to a small saucepan and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
6) Turn off heat and let sage steep for another 20 minutes.
7) Strain sage from walnut milk.
8) Add stevia to taste, if desired.
9) Refrigerate sage infused walnut milk and enjoy!
Makes approximately 16 oz.